Ralph Boyce House
Welcome to Ralph Boyce House
An accessible Holiday home located in Looe, Cornwall with 3 Bedrooms (Sleeps 6)
The Ralph Boyce House is a purpose built holiday home, originally built and owned by the Lin Berwick Trust. The Lin Berwick Trust was founded by Lin Berwick and her husband Ralph after Lin (who is blind and has cerebral palsy) struggled to find holiday accommodation that was suitably adapted for her disabilities.
In 2022, The Lin Berwick Trust approached Kids in Action to take over the Ralph Boyce House accommodation and we continue to rent out to guests with disabilities who struggle to find suitable holiday accommodation elsewhere.
Ralph Boyce House near Looe is a spacious wheelchair-accessible cottage with a wide range of accessibility features including level access/interior, an accessible suite with twin profiling beds and ceiling hoist leading into an en-suite accessible bathroom (with Clos-o-Mat WC and Hi-Lo bath), mobile hoist, riser/recliner chair, and a selection of shower chairs.
Ralph Boyce House was designed to offer a safe, accessible and enjoyable holiday to families with additional needs to enable them to create memories and have stress-free holidays.
Ralph Boyce House is situated in the unusually named village of No Man’s Land, close to the old smuggling port of Looe with cafes, restaurants, shops and sandy beach.
Guests can enjoy exploring the beautiful Cornish coastline, quaint fishing ports and villages, historical houses and gardens, steam railways; and visit popular tourist attractions such as The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, and Bodmin Moor.
- Spacious open-plan living space with vaulted ceiling, and doors leading onto a level patio with valley views.
- Sitting room with comfortable sofas and armchairs, riser/recliner chair, flat-screen TV.
- Modern kitchen / dining area with side-opening oven and talking microwave, dining table with free-standing seating for 6.
- Large accessible suite with twin profiling beds, ceiling hoist leading into the accessible bathroom, mobile hoist, double doors leading directly onto the garden.
- Spacious en-suite bathroom with step-free shower, wall-mounted shower seat, wheeled shower chairs, Hi-Lo bath with hoist access, height-adjustable Clos-o-Mat WC with integrated grab-rails, height-adjustable wheel-under washbasin, medical dressing trolley.
- Two further bedrooms – 1 twin and 1 double.
- Family bathroom with shower cubicle, separate bath, WC.
- Utility room with laundry facilities (off the accessible suite).
- Bookings include everything except towels which can be hired at an additional cost.
- If you would like to bring pets, this can be discussed at the time of booking.
- Level patio with outdoor seating, large lawns, peaceful valley views.
- Hard-standing private parking, level access into spacious hallway.
Specialised Equipment & General Facilities
Specialised Equipment Available for Guests
- Ceiling hoists.
- Electric Profiling bed.
- Grab rails.
- Wall-mounted shower seat.
- Wheeled shower chair.
- Clos-o-Mat/Bidet toilet.
- Height-adjustable washbasin.
General Facilities Available for Guest Use
- All standard kitchen equipment including a dish washer and microwave.
- All standard crockery and cutlery.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer.
- All bed linen (with the exception of bed linen for the cot).
What Our Visitors Said
In order to stay at Ralph Boyce House there has to be at least one member of the party who has a disability or life limiting illness that would benefit from the facilities available.
We also require all guests to be a current member of Kids in Action, this helps us to cover the administration costs, and allows guests to use any of our other holiday homes and facilities. The cost of membership is £30 for the year per family.
- Holidays during the school holiday are Thursday to Thursday and we only let it for a maximum of 1 week.
- Outside of school holidays you can let Ralph Boyce House for more than 1 week at a time and we also offer long weekends and midweek breaks.
- To book we require a deposit of £300 per week booked at the time of booking plus the membership fee of £30, and we would require balance to be paid 8 weeks before departure.
- From 1st Jan 2024 we require all guests to provide a £250 security deposit, which will be returned within 5 working days, subject to a satisfactory inspection of the house following your departure.
- Price and availability are subject to change, for up-to-date information we ask that you submit a booking enquiry below.
The nearest GP surgery is: Old Bridge Surgery, Looe.
IMPORTANT: If you have already booked a holiday at Ellie’s Haven please email the following information to the above surgery (email address: [email protected]) so the GPs are aware of your child’s particular condition and treatment:
- Any care plans or procedures you have in place.
- The dates when you will be staying at Ellie’s Haven.
Elllie’s Haven is tagged by the Ambulance Service.
Beach Wheelchair Hire
Sand chairs are available at about a dozen beaches in Cornwall, including Looe, via a partnership between Cornwall Mobility and Disability Cornwall.